Q1.Which of the following statements is/are true about foods cooked in salt water compared to unsalted water :-
1. Food Will cook slower because of the action of the salt.
2. Food Will cook faster because of the action of the salt.
3. It raises the boiling temperature.
4. It raises the maximum temperature.
Select the correct answer using the code given below
(a) 1 and 3 only (b) 2 and 3 only
(c) 3 and 4 only (d) 2, 3 and 4 only
Q2. Which of the following positions of constitutional entitled for emoluments, allowances, privileges and so on
under Schedule Two of the constitution
2. Prime Minister
3. Governors of states
4. UPSC Chairman and Members
(a) 1, 2, 3, 4 (b) 2, 3, 4
(c) 1 and 3 only (d) 1, 2, 3
Consider the following statements with regards to Directive Principles:
1. The minimum Wages Act, child labor Prohibition Act, the Factories Act etc. are statutory provisions to give
effect to Directive Principles.
2. 73rd Constitutional amendment Act has given a practical shape to Article 40 of the Constitution.
3. Aggrieved person can approach court for its implementation.
Which of the above statements is/are correct?
(a) only 1 (b) only 2
(c) 1 and 2 (d) None
Q4. Which of the following Statements are correct?
1. The power conferred by the President by Article 123 is not available when the two houses of parliament are in
2. The President addresses both houses of Parliament at the commencement of the first session each year and
inform the Parliament of the causes of its summons.
3. The President has the right to address either House of Parliament at any time.
4. The President has the power of appointing Indian representatives to other countries and receiving diplomatic
representatives of other states as is recognised by the Parliament.
(a) 1, 2, 3 (b) 1, 3, 4
(c) 2, 3, 4 (d) 1, 2, 3, 4